Tuesday - Friday 10am to 8pm • Saturday 10am to 5pm
Note: Due to the sensitive and confidential nature of our business, we are unable to hire current or former clients. We appreciate your understanding as we strive to respect the privacy of all our clients.
Deja & Co. Exquisite Jewels has been in business for over 40 years, with an established and loyal clientele. We provide an excellent working environment including a positive and professional team, competitive pay, medical and bonus plans as well as 401K retirement savings benefits. While experience in the jewelry industry is desired, we provide extensive and in-depth education with concurrent job training. It is our passion to create an environment of growth and development for each individual as they, in turn, contribute to the establishment of Deja & Co. as a leading boutique jewelry brand.
Nestled in the Saratoga foothills, Deja & Co. is a destination boutique that attracts a warm, loyal, and discerning multi-generational clientele. As the Deja & Co. Procurement Specialist, you will work with an incredible team of hard-working, driven, growth-minded individuals committed to providing an unparalleled shopping experience in the most exquisite setting. You will assist the sales department with sourcing everything from the smallest finding to the most exquisite and rare finished pieces and loose stones.
•Research and Procurement of finished jewelry, loose diamonds, colored gemstones, packaging supplies, and jewelry displays;
• Creating purchase orders in inventory management system for any and all orders placed;
• Verifying quantity and pricing of orders received against purchase orders and working with vendors and store management to resolve any discrepancies;
• Facilitating communication between the Sales Professional, Repair Manager, Vendor, and Receiving Manager to ensure timely procurement of items that meets each client's individual timeline and budgetary needs;
• Assisting in the development & refinement of procurement procedures and tools, i.e. vendor database, sales reports, etc.;
• Assisting in the development of sales reports (complete with graphs, charts, etc.) of specific item categories in order to better inform purchasing decisions;
• Developing and maintaining a thorough working knowledge of vendor specialties and preferred methods of communication;
• Discovery of new vendors utilizing Deja & Co.'s rigorous quality standards in conjunction with preferred business practices;
• Furthering vendor rapport by coordinating with accounting department to ensure timely payment of invoices;
• Working with marketing department to ensure brand adherence in packaging and jewelry displays;
• Working with social responsibility team to shorten supply chain and ensure ethical sourcing of all goods and supplies;
• Assisting in day-to-day operations through set-up and tear-down of display cases, answering phones, general light housekeeping, and hospitality; and
• Assisting in bi-yearly physical inventory counts.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
• Possess excellent analytical skills;
• Be efficient, strategic, and detail-obsessed!
• Be an excellent communicator;
• Have the ability to think outside-the-box and creatively problem-solve;
• Be a motivated individual, interested in pursuing a career in the jewelry industry;
• Be interested in long-term growth with an established company;
• Have a positive and professional attitude;
• Be responsible, reliable, punctual, hard-working and energetic;
• Love working as part of a fast-paced and supportive team;
• Maintain the highest ethical standards; and
• Love to serve individuals as they wish to be served.
• Must have excellent verbal and written skills–both in person and over the phone, as well as via email, text and all other social media services;
• Have a flexible schedule that includes day, evening and weekend shifts–Saturdays required;
• Familiarity with Mac operating systems, Lightspeed Onsite, Asana, Excel/Numbers, and Google Drive a plus;
• GIA (Gemological Institute of America) coursework preferred but not required; and
• High School diploma required. College coursework preferred.
For consideration: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. with your resume and a brief description of how your experience has prepared you for this role.
Please, no phone calls about this job.
Job Level: Entry
Availability: Day, evenings, and weekends required
Classification: Hourly, non-exempt
Scheduled Hours (0-40): 40+