408.872.1177 • 14567 Big Basin Way, Saratoga • Nestled in the Plaza del Roble
10am to 8pm Tuesday - Friday • 10am to 5pm Saturday • Closed Sunday & Monday
Full Time/Part-Time Sales Professional
Deja & Co. Exquisite Jewels has been in business for over 40 years, with an established and loyal clientele. We provide an excellent working environment including a positive and professional team, competitive pay, medical and bonus plans, as well as 401K retirement savings benefits (for full time positions). While experience in the jewelry industry is desired, we provide extensive and in-depth education with concurrent job training. It is our passion to create an environment of growth and development for each individual as they, in turn, contribute to the establishment of Deja & Co. as a leading boutique jewelry brand.
*Note: Due to the sensitive and confidential nature of our business, we are unable to hire current or former clients. We appreciate your understanding as we strive to respect the privacy of all our clients.
As part of a small business retail team, you will wear many hats. Here are some of the main duties your role will entail:
- Providing authentic, exemplary customer service;
- Connecting with each client upon the first meeting;
- Naturally building relationships that result in multi-generational clientele;
- Developing an intuitive understanding of each client's jewelry wants and needs;
- Multi-layered selling including research, education, and presentation;
- Working directly with clients to sell loose diamonds, colored stones, and finished jewelry;
- Meeting each client's individual timeline and budgetary needs;
- Evaluating loose stones and finished jewelry for purchase / consignment;
- Sourcing loose diamonds and colored stones at the very best price from our vast, global network of stone cutters based upon client's specifications;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with vendors and stone cutters;
- Working with our procurement department to ensure ethical and transparent sourcing of products.
- General housekeeping (required of all team members).
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Be honest and ethical;
- Be intelligent with a great memory;
- Be a quick learner;
- Be passionate about both diamonds and colored stones;
- Be a motivated individual, interested in pursuing a career in the jewelry industry;
- Be interested in long-term growth with an established company;
- Possess excellent sales skills with an ability to consistently meet and exceed personal goals;
- Have a positive and professional attitude;
- Be responsible, reliable, punctual, hard-working and energetic;
- Love working as part of a fast-paced and supportive team;
- Be an excellent communicator;
- Maintain the highest ethical standards; and
- Love to serve individuals as they wish to be served.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills (both in person and over the phone, as well as via email, text and all other social media services).
- Able to work long hours-nights and weekends required-with amazing team members.
- Experienced in retail sales, food and beverage, or service industries;
- Experience in luxury sales with a proven sales record and personal clientele a plus;
- GIA (Gemological Institute of America) coursework preferred but not required; and
- High School diploma required. College coursework preferred.
Does this sound like you? If so, please click below to apply.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Job Level: Entry
Schedule: Full-time / Part-time
Availability: Day, evenings, and weekends required
Classification: Hourly, non-exempt
Benefits (for FT only): Medical, bonus plans, PTO, and 401k retirement savings
Scheduled Hours (0-40): PT 15-20 / FT 40+
14567 Big Basin Way, Saratoga
Nestled in the Plaza del Roble
Open 10am to 8pm Tuesday - Friday
Open 10am to 5pm Saturday
Closed Sunday & Monday
Copyright © Deja & Co. 2016 • All Rights Reserved • We Proudly Serve:
Saratoga - San Jose - Cupertino - Sunnyvale - Los Gatos - Palo Alto - San Francisco / South Bay Area