Deja & Co. Exquisite Jewels has been in business for over 40 years, with an established and loyal clientele. We provide an excellent working environment including a positive and professional team, competitive pay, medical and bonus plans, as well as 401K retirement savings benefits (for full time positions). While experience in the jewelry industry is desired, we provide extensive and in-depth education with concurrent job training. It is our passion to create an environment of growth and development for each individual as they, in turn, contribute to the establishment of Deja & Co. as a leading boutique jewelry brand.
*Note: Due to the sensitive and confidential nature of our business, we are unable to hire current or former clients. We appreciate your understanding as we strive to respect the privacy of all our clients.
As part of a small business retail team, you will wear many hats. Here are some of the main duties your role will entail:
- Provide authentic, exemplary customer service;
- Inventory management assistance:
- Assist with daily receipt of packages and enter all items into inventory management system;
- Assist with preparing daily shipments–coordinate with vendors to ensure correct shipping address, remove items from inventory management system, prepare packing list of enclosed items, and safely package items for transit;
- Work with Sales Professionals to coordinate on priority-level for all incoming and outgoing packages;
- Utilize technological tools to manage the flow of packages and inventory;
- Verify quantity and pricing of orders received against purchase orders and work with vendors and store management to resolve any discrepancies;
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and stone cutters;
- Further vendor rapport by coordinating with accounting department to ensure timely payment of invoices;
- Repair management:
- Coordinate with goldsmiths for timely, correct and high quality repair and custom work;
- Communicate constantly with goldsmiths to ensure timely receipt of repaired items so that they may be delivered to clients on time;
- Check all repaired items to ensure that work is completed correctly and returned in beautiful condition;
- Keep in constant communication with Sales Professionals so all jobs are constantly moving toward completion and ready for clients at requested time.
- Assist in day-to-day operations through set-up and tear-down of display cases, answer phones, general light housekeeping, and hospitality (required of all team members); and
- Assist in bi-yearly physical inventory counts.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Possess excellent analytical skills;
- Be efficient, strategic, and detail-obsessed!
- Be an excellent communicator;
- Have the ability to think outside-the-box and creatively problem-solve;
- Be a motivated individual;
- Be interested in long-term growth with an established company;
- Have a positive and professional attitude;
- Be responsible, reliable, punctual, hard-working and energetic;
- Love working as part of a fast-paced and supportive team;
- Maintain the highest ethical standards; and
- Love to serve individuals as they wish to be served.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills (both in person and over the phone, as well as via email, text and all other social media services);
- Have a flexible schedule that includes day, evening and weekend shifts (Saturdays required);
- Familiarity with Mac operating systems, Lightspeed Onsite, Excel/Numbers, Google Drive, and Microsoft OneNote a plus;
- GIA (Gemological Institute of America) coursework preferred but not required; and
- High School diploma required. College coursework preferred.
Does this sound like you? If so, please click below to apply.
We can't wait to meet you!
Job Level: Entry
Availability: Day, evenings, and weekends required
Classification: Hourly, non-exempt
Benefits: Medical, bonus plans, PTO, and 401k retirement savings
Scheduled Hours (0-40): 40+
Please, no phone calls about this job.